Since the passing of Alan Rickman I think we’ve all had a surge of Harry Potter love in our sad little hearts. It’s incredible that in the most painful moments we all have such a magical world to retreat to. It’s so clear how much comfort Harry Potter brings us all and I know I’ll always be grateful. As JK Rowling said, “Hogwarts will always be there to welcome you home.”
Rest in Peace Alan Rickman, what an amazing human.
1. Favorite book?
The Order of the Phoenix! I know a lot of people disliked it because it was a little angsty but I loved how JK dealt with Harry’s reaction to Voldemort being back and Cedric’s death. It was realistic and heavy and I think it’s important to see heroic characters being human and vulnerable. Plus there was so much great character development!
2. Least favorite book?
The Goblet of Fire. Don’t get me wrong I do love it, just not quite as much!
3. Favorite movie?
The Order of the Pheonix or The Half Blood Prince
4. Least favorite movie?
Hmm…Maybe Goblet of Fire because the underwater scenes stress me out
5. Favorite quote moment?
NOT MY DAUGHTER YOU BITCH
6. Favorite Weasley?
Molly MolLY MOLLY
7. Favorite female character?
McGonagall, total badass.
8. Favorite villain?
As much as I hate her it might be Umbridge because she’s just so damn evil. I love that someone so horrifically cruel who demands so much power and respect wears so much pink and has so many cat pictures. Take away the fact that she’s a monster and she’s total life goals.
9. Favorite male character?
Maybe Neville, his character development is some of my favourite. He grows so much but never loses who he is.
10. Favorite professor?
1. Wash Snape’s Hair or Listen to Lockhart Rant About Himself?
Listen to Lockhart and point out all of the inaccuracies in his stories to wind him up
2. Duel an elated Bellatrix or an angry Molly?
Bellatrix, no way I could take Molly!
3. Travel to Hogwarts via Hogwarts Express or Flying Car?
Hogwarts Express. More snacks, less Whomping Willows.
4. Kiss Voldemort or Give Umbridge a Bubble Bath?
I’d give her a bath but it would be the worst bath of all time. Not hot enough, with bath salts that aren’t completely dissolved so they hurt your buns and bubble bath that smells like mayonnaise. EVIL.
5. Ride a Hippogriff or a Firebolt?
Firebolt, there’s more control.
1. Is there a character you felt different about in the movies versus the books?
Ginny, I love her in the books but felt nothing towards her in the movies. It’s a pity because she’s a really cool character.
2. Is there a movie you preferred over the book?
I don’t think so…
3. Richard Harris or Michael Gambon as Dumbledore?
Both were perfect, I wouldn’t choose.
4. Person/event/or thing that didn’t occur in the movies that annoyed you most?
Pigwidgeon! Little cutie. Or that bit when Harry tells Snape there’s no need to call him Sir. Oh or McGonagall’s “Have a biscuit Potter” scene! Sassy Harry in general, he’s such brat.
5. If you could remake any movie, which would it be?
The Half Blood Prince so I could undo the white-washing of Lavender Brown. That sucked.
1. Which house was your gut feeling?
2. What house were you actually sorted into?
Gryffindor but I still identify more with Hufflepuff and I reckon the sorting hat would take that into consideration.
3. What class would be your favorite?
Charms or History of Magic. Muggle studies would be funny though!
4. Which spell do you think would be the most useful?
5. Who at Hogwarts do you think you’d instantly become best friends with?
1. If you could own any of the 3 Hallows, which would you choose?
Invisibility cloak please!
2. Any aspect of the books you’d want to change?
More obvious diversity all round
3. Favorite Marauder?
4. If you could bring one character back, who would it be?
5. Hallows or horcruxes?
Hallows! Way more useful than horcruxes, they just make you cranky.
Thanks to bierbaumbookworm for doing this tag and inspiring me to do it too!